Wednesday, September 7, 2016

House of Straws - Dear Lizzy Spotlight PI

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day. I have a fun layout today for the Dear Lizzy "Saturday" spotlight at Paper Issues. I love the paper in this collection with the buildings. I knew I needed to fussy cut the bottom strip and that blue paper makes such a nice border.

 
I looked through my pictures for one that had something to do with buildings and found this one of a straw house my daughter built. I sprayed some Color Shine mist to make it look like my picture is lit from behind. I decided on my title and used some older Thickers from my stash. I thought awhile about what I wanted to do with my picture and then I remembered that I had some straws I had purchased from the Paper Issues store. I wanted to layer them randomly but they are too thick for that so I built a house. I know, super cheesy, literal interpretation of the picture! So I tried to dress it up by doodling. I am not a doodler so it was a risk but I think it paid off. I fussy cut a few flowers out of the paper, made some grass from one of the manufacturer's strips and colored in my doodles with ink. I wrote the journaling over the buildings so the page would stay balanced.

Supplies:
Dear Lizzy: Saturday
American Crafts Thickers: Kitten
Fine tip Sharpie pen
Heidi Swapp Color Shine: Butter, Raspberry & Tea
Mister Huey's Mist: Cash Money
Paper Straws
White Cardstock

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget the Paper Issues Store has the Dear Lizzy Saturday Collection and paper straws. Use the code Carolyn at checkout to save 20%.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment