Friday, July 15, 2016

Sweet Girl Layout - SOS GDT

Hi there! I hope you'll join the challenges this month at Scrap Our Stash. I'm pleased to be the guest designer this month and I just love this challenge! Here is my layout:

 

The challenge is to follow the sketch and use one item from each column.
 
 
I began this layout with the Fancy Pants Me-ology kit as it has mini folders which I had no idea how to use. From there I chose two pictures that would match. I used Simple Stories frames, twine around the quote at the bottom and a Uniball pen for the journaling. I really thought a lot about the background as I have some awesome Teresa Collins stencils but after making my cluster, I decided to sew the background like the picture. I'm so glad I did because I never would've come up with this idea without the sketch. I found some tags I liked in the kit so I had to move the title for balance. It is from Creative Embellishments with some black embossing. Even though the quote at the bottom wasn't part of the sketch, I had to include it because it described the pictures perfectly.
 
Supplies
Fancy Pants: Me-ology Kit
Frames - Simple Stories: Carpe Diem
Title - Creative Embellishments
Black embossing powder: Close To My Heart
Black Uniball pen
Pearls and twine - the stash
White thread
 
Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment