Friday, July 1, 2016

Graduation Layout - SOS GDT

I was very happy to be asked to guest design this month on the Scrap Our Stash blog. Here is my layout:

 
The challenge is to be inspired by the following book:
 
 
I found it a little challenging to decide which direction I wanted to go with this, but due to the requirement of using 5 patterned papers, opted for circles. They also match the shape and colour of the rings in the book. Since this book is often read at graduation, I chose a picture of my daughter graduating from pre-K. I chose the Atlas collection as it matched the photo. I used the brads as my round embellishment. The twine I originally wanted going to all the circles but it meant my title wouldn't lie flat so I opted for the side ones. It looked like my daughter had spider legs so I put some twists and turns in the twine! I like how the twine implies all the different directions she can take to all the different places in life. I did an Internet search and found the Doctor Soos Bold font. It is such a close match to the book and it cut easily.
 
Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee: Atlas
Arrow clip - American Crafts
Black fine tip Sharpie pen
Brads and twine - the stash
White cardstock
 
Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see how everyone interprets this challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment