Monday, December 12, 2022

Garden Shoppe Interactive Card for Scrap Shotz

 Hello everyone! I saw a really cool card on Instagram @rippels_paperlover and thought I would give it a try for my daughter's birthday. It was a big hit! I've put together a tutorial using the Paige Evans "Garden Shoppe" Collection in the November kit

Here is a video to show how it works:


I made a cut file on my Silhouette so I can easily make another card in the future. Here is a picture with the dimensions so you can make it yourself using a crafting knife or cutting machine.


Next, I scored the folds into the card by using a palette knife and my paper cutter. 


The scores should be 3 inches long vertically and 1.5 inches horizontally. 


Here is how to fold the card. Step 1 - Bring the left side towards the middle and let the center flip around.


Step 2: Repeat on the right side. 


Step 3: Flip the paper over.
Step 4: Bend the square piece at the top backwards so it now looks like the picture below.


Step 5: Repeat with the square at the bottom flipping it towards the back. It should now look like the picture below.


Step 6: Now you can open up the card and lay it flat on the table. I marked all the sections with the word "up" so I could easily cut the papers that go on top in the right direction. 


Step 7: Flip the paper over and write the word "up" on each section. However, be careful, some sections are upside down. 


Step 8: Begin cutting papers to adhere to the card. I found that by cutting a second card on my machine and then cutting out each section, I could use those pieces as stencils and trace them. 

Side 1: I used one piece of paper and cut it into sections. Then I made a title with the alpha Thickers. I also used some Thickers for the leaves and hearts. There are a few stickers from the sticker book. The sections are outlined with washi tape. Finally, the flowers are from the die cut pack


Side 2: I used the button paper and added the title with Thickers.


Side 3: This is what the card looks like with the top sections flipped back.


Side 4: I used the alphas from the sticker book for the title. I used some die cuts to decorate and embroidery thread to make bows. The flowers are from the layered sticker pack.


There you have it! I hope you have a chance to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment