Monday, October 31, 2022

Carta Bella Welcome Fall Layouts for Scrap Shotz

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to show you the Carta Bella "Welcome Fall" collection available at Scrap Shotz! I love how there are so many basic pattern papers to choose from. It's so easy to build a layout without it looking too crazy.



My first layout was inspired by the October sketch in the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Sketchy Group on Facebook. I stuck pretty darn close to the sketch. My pictures were a bit larger than the dimensions on the sketch so I couldn't fit the embellishing on the right. 

I used a stencil to cut out the scallop border and matted my pictures with white paper before taping them down. I love all the flowers on this page but they all had to be fussy cut from one of the papers in the kit so it took some time.


The rest of the layout is made with a chipboard title and a couple tags from the ephemera pack. I shoved a little bit of embroidery thread under the flowers to add some texture. Also, I couldn't forget the picture of the random cat that followed us through the park. He kept everyone entertained while we froze!


Layout number 2 was inspired by one of the pumpkin stickers (see the largest pumpkin sticker on the bottom right corner). I noticed how it has darker outer sections and lighter middle sections. So I drew by hand the three lobes of the pumpkin on a darker orange paper. On the lighter orange paper I traced the three larger lobes and then drew another circle about an inch smaller inside of them. I also drew the stems by hand using that same pumpkin as a guide. I wanted the sections to pop a little bit because they are very similar in colour so I inked the edges of the papers to make them a bit darker.


The ephemera tag kit comes with a few frames so I used them behind my picture. 


I used a chipboard piece for the title and a bunch of cardstock stickers in the bottom right corner. The final touch were a few puffy stickers and embroidery thread to add interest.


Thank-you for checking out the layouts. I'll be back later in the week with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment