Sunday, July 24, 2016

Happy Day Layout

How awesome is the Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness collection?! I just got it so I had to use it right away. The dark pink is the colour of most of my daughter's shirts so I will have no problem matching pictures plus I can scrap my lake pictures. I used two lake pictures from last summer where the kids were painting rocks and birdhouses.

 
I was inspired by the sketch at Grand Diva's Creative Corner because it has that large strip down the left side. This kit comes with some ready made strips like that so I thought this would be a good place to start.
 
 
This layout started well but then I think I ran into the problem of having too many awesome papers and embellishments to choose from and I changed my design a million times. I debated putting the title "Painting Rocks" but I couldn't find alpha's that looked right and the pictures have that dead space in the middle so I went with the premade title in the kit. I sprayed some mists and because I used so many buttons, I decided not to make the two stitched circles in the sketch. The buttons came from the Paper Issues Take 5 challenge. I used:
- white
- blue
- buttons
- patterned paper
- stripes
 
I also made sure to add a paperclip (or two!) so I could participate in Rochelle Spears's This or That challenge.
 


Overall, I'm pleased with how this turned out!

Supplies
Simple Stories: Sunshine and Happiness Kit
Stampin' Up Bright Buttons
White and Yellow paperclips
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Butter and Raspberry Mists

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! Love the misting!! Thanks for playing along with the This or That Challenge/Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout and take on both challenges! Thank you for playing along with the July Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete