I chose these pictures because the colours match the collection really well. My daughter also has sunglasses that match the sunglasses trinket that I just had to use. Here's how I put it together.
1. Begin with the background paper "California Dreaming". I used some dollar store Copenhagen Blue paint mixed with water and spread on plastic packaging. I smooshed it around the paper and then added some spatters.
2. Next, I tore some Bazzill "Blossom" cardstock for the strip down the middle. I actually tore it a few times until I got the size and shape I wanted. I tore two more strips for beside the photos.
3. I tore the outside of the "Up in the Air" paper and tucked it under the cardstock. I tucked another two strips under my photos.
4. I used the Best Creations Glitter Cardstock "Opal White" to make my title. I chose a fun font and cut it with my Silhouette Cameo. Make sure to set the machine to cut thick paper! It's hard to tell from the photo but the title shimmers.
5. Finally, I added all the pretty embellishments. The flowers at the bottom, the flamingo and the two words on the pictures are from the Ephemera pack. The light pink flowers are from the Prima Blissful flowers pack. The bright pink flowers are from Studio Katia "Spring Garden" mix. The hearts are from the Chipboard sheets. And last but not least, those sunglasses are from the Trinkets. I took the metal ring off and used some glue dots to adhere it to the page.
6. Of course, I can't leave a layout without some journaling and blue thread tucked in the corners.
Thanks so much for taking a look at my layout. I hope you get to play with this collection, especially if you like mixed media and soft, pretty colours!