Friday, June 3, 2022

Simple Stories Simple Vintage Indigo Garden Kit from Scrap Shotz

Hello everyone! I've been working with the March kit which features the Simple Stories Simple Vintage Indigo Garden Collection. I love indigo and flowers so this was the perfect kit for spring. If you missed out on this kit, there are still some available in the shop. 


For the first layout, I used one of the papers that already has all those flowers and butterflies. I cut a strip off each side and attached strips from another piece of paper. I tore some green and pink papers to put behind my photos. The rest is embellished with bradsfoam stickers and thread.


The second layout uses a little bit of everything! I used white gesso to cover two strips down the yellow paper. I tore two pieces of floral paper and glued them to the gesso. I used brown ink and a stamp from a previous kit to stamp the branches around the page. Next, I added the photos and the embellishments which included ephemera and cardstock stickers. I finished it off with some brown paint splatters.


The final layout uses one of the papers that already has flowers and butterflies printed in a circle. To add dimension, I layered more on top. I fussy cut several flowers and used a doily as a frame. I bent the edges of the flowers and butterflies so they lift off the page. This was a really fun layout to make trying to use all the different types of embellishments!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment