Sunday, October 18, 2015

Loft Bed Layout

Last fall I built my daughter her loft bed. She loved that I painted it her favourite colours and that it had a fort underneath (yeah Ikea!). I also found an Ikea hack where the storage bins become stairs. I slept better at night knowing she didn't have to take the ladder down in the dark.

 
I used sketch #115 at My Scraps and More for inspiration. I wanted to try some new stuff/techniques so this was the perfect sketch. I used texture paste with a stencil and a distress tool for the first time.
 
 
Supplies
Background Paper - Recollections
Arrow Papers - DCWV: Honey Chic Stack
Purple Paper - Fancy Pants: Dancing Girl
Pink Paper - Making Memories: Pink with White Glitter Dots
Letters - Basic Grey: Mellow Mauve
Glitter - Recollections: Neon Purple
Punch - Fiskars
Stencil - DCWV 12 x 12
Texture Paste - Ranger
Distressing - Tim Holtz Distress Tool
Buttons & Gems & Numbers - Dollarama
Embroidery Thread
Black Sharpie

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Simply adorable! I love your colors and those papers! Such fuN! Thanks for playing along with My Scraps and More Skecthes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors, and what a fun bedroom for your daughter. I love the texture you've given the layout! So glad you joined us at My Scraps & More sketches!

    ReplyDelete